Wednesday 10 July 2013

Poker Nights

I pre-ordered Poker Nights 2 on the 11th of April this year on Steam. Which got me the added bonus of Poker Nights at the Inventory. I'd never played Poker before so the game helped me learn to play till the new one was released. The game is cheap so you can't expect too much.

I personally couldn't stand Tycho. He was the only character I didn't know. Since I have nothing to do with penny arcade. He wasn't funny and really quite irritating. To be honest you can't really listen to any of the characters for very long since they repeat themselves quite a bit. Its better to just focus on playing cards.

I was pleased to finally get my copy of Poker Nights 2 when it became available. Its much better than the previous version. I like the way they made the tables, cards etc unlockable. Its just a pity the tokens become almost useless once you've unlocked everything which doesn't take long. I don't know if buying your opponents drinks really makes much difference to the way they play. It is the only thing you have left to spend the tokens on though. I was a bit disappointed with Brock, a few things he said to me seemed out of character for him. He sometimes uses a childish insult that I wouldn't expect from him and then sometimes folds right after you. Some of the other stuff he says just doesn't seem like him and more like Dr Venture. "Casa de Brock?" I don't think so. :)

The Poker Nights 2 nicknames I've received so far are "Charlie Chiplain the Silent Killer", "Penny "Ante" Gwinn, Polar Pokerface", "Broadway Flo, The Straightdraw Pro" and "Jake Jackorbetter, Jackpot Genius." I've currently got $620,000 now if only it was real money. :D

Its a fun game if you are a beginner and don't take playing poker too seriously. The characters aren't very good at the game. They are however good enough to prove challenging if you've just started playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment