Sunday 14 July 2013

Flight Sim

I remember playing F-15 Strike Eagle II, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, TFX, US Navy Fighters and after checking Google and you tube. I think I also played EF2000. :)

Its a pity that this type of sim has been out of favour for so  long. I played Battlefield 3 and sitting in the back of the F-18 Hornet in the single player mission was great. With the rain on the canopy it almost felt like you where in a jet. Its just a pity the air combat in the multiplayer was such a big let down. I gave Ace Combat Air Assault a go after downloading it on steam. Its your typical arcade/console game. It makes you smile when a helicopter does a barrel role to avoid a missile. It has lots of jets to fly missions in too. Its an alright game but its no US Navy Fighters. Oh well maybe with the release of the Occulus Rift real flight sims might make a comeback.

Here is a video of an interesting light sea plane. Its called the Icon A5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment